Learn Song - Replace Missing Word

The song I used this idea on was I Am A Child of God but you could do any song.

I printed on card-stock the lyrics to the verses I wanted to learn that day, or you could just write it on the chalk-board.  (But you don't want to always use one or the other.  I like to mix it up with using pictures, words, chalk-board, actions... you get the idea.  Just so it's different every week.)



Anyway, every now and then I left out a word and just had a blank.  I had the missing words printed out and hidden in a bucket filled with macaroni noodles that I had left-over from something else.  But you could do anything!  Then one by one they came up and dug out a word and then had to find where it went.  After each word we sang the song once through.  Every time there was a blank I just hummed, even though they knew a lot of the words.  

The key here is repetition.  It always is!  But the kids really like to come up and dig.  It worked.


~Kate