Review - Dress Me Up

This idea was a hit with the ladies in my tiny choir, but the boys didn't hate it either.  I came to church that day in my fanciest dress and brought different items for sale.  Each item had a price, which was a song they were to sing.  Like to buy me a tiara they had to sing If the Savior Stood Beside Me.  Then I got to put it on.  I had big clip on earrings, a veil (some tulle), elbow length gloves, a big ring, high heels... it was fun.

So at the beginning of music time I had my pianist, who was a male, come in with a trumpet that he tried to play a few notes on and announce me as "the princess".  So I came in and used my best disney princess voice and told them that I was invited to a ball and I need to get ready in time and that I needed their help to buy the items.  (In senior primary I chose the oldest girl and we dressed her up for the ball.)


They sang the songs so well!  I was very happy that they wanted me to get to the ball, even if I was 7 months pregnant...  I planned with my husband to come and get me (didn't plan on him having our son on his hip, but whatever).  So my pianist "announce him" as the prince.  He came in and asked if the princess was ready to go to the ball.  He complimented me on how lovely I was and we danced out of the room while I waved like a princess saying "goodbye peasants!  Thank you for helping me!"

It was super-funny.  Mostly because I was pregnant, my hubby had a kid on his hip, AND my hubby also really didn't want to dance out of the room with me (he doesn't dance.)  The girls in junior were so giggly when he came in.  So cheesy, but a lot of fun.

~Kate